Summer Slow Down Calls for Top Home Essentials
By: Megan Nelson, Owner + Founder, Nest with the Nelsons
Summer is a great time to slow down, enjoy the sunshine, and spend plenty of quality time with family and friends near the water. Drinks are always welcome, too!
As we change seasons in the midwest, and things are about to heat up for the real dog days of summer, this is an opportunity for us to reflect on the hecticness that was the spring, and look forward to the rejuvenating and brisk months of the fall – my absolute favorite time of the year.
In these moments, our routines, our lives, and our homes also go through changes. Even though we’re nearly mid-way through summer vacation at home with the kids, we are still very much tweaking our summer routine. We’re on a mission to strike just the right balance of fun, adventure, and intrigue. This is true of our homes, too. As our routines change, so do the way we use different spaces of our homes.
This is the perfect time for us to zero in on how we are using all the spaces of our home by asking ourselves:
- Am I utilizing our space to the fullest?
- What rooms of our home are underutilized?
- What brings me joy?
- Which areas of our home cause frustration?
- What do I love about my home?
Having this narrative running through your head as you sip on a smooth summer cocktail by the pool puts you one step closer to your dream of having a beautifully curated, totally functional, and stunning home.
To keep those creative juices flowing, and get that home design process in gear, we’ve curated the Top 10 Summer Essentials Guide to the five most used spaces of your home – living room, dining room, bedroom, kitchen, and outdoor living.
Still have that smooth summer cocktail nearby? Continue sipping as you give these home decor items a look. Afterall, they were curated specifically for you in mind. On the left of each design mood board, you’ll find Summer Splurge items for a more high-end budget. Then, on the right, all of the Summer on a Budget looks are just that – each item is curated for those crunching numbers but still craving a luxurious look for your home.
So, let’s sit back, continue sipping, and get some online home shopping on!
Top 10 Summer Essentials Guide
Keep dreaming of summer for many months to come by diving into these must-have home accents, furniture, and decor.
Summer is also the sweet spot of time to begin dreaming about the holidays of hosting family and friends at home. Whether you’re wishing for summer eternally, or your sights are set on the holidays ahead, Nest with the Nelsons can’t wait to help you see your home in a new, fresh perspective.
Learn more about our transparent pricing, our excellent communication, and our unmatched customer service today during your free 15-minute discovery call.
We can't wait to chat with you about your home project!
Megan Nelson, Co-Owner + Founder
Nest with the Nelsons
Nest with the Nelsons
Love your home again with our must-have resources ...
1. Subscribe to our email list to unlock even more of our must-see design tips.
2. Join the Love your Home Again Facebook Group. We share all sorts of great home design and home organization tips and tricks there.
3. Book a FREE 15-minute consultation with yours truly. We’ll get to the bottom of the design dilemmas that might be holding you back from your dream interior design.
4. Are you a business owner looking to reach new customers? Check out our Brand Partners page to learn about our brand partner opportunity and secure an exclusive spot with us.